NRS Matthew 6:28 And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.
Become a member of PEC today and become connected, equipped, and inspired!
- Membership in PEC provides an opportunity to support a group with a spiritual and Presbyterian foundation that addresses environmental issues and concerns within the Church and in society.
- PEC keeps environmental concerns in front of the denomination, collaborating with PC(USA), seeking environmental and social justice.
- As a member of PEC, one can network with Presbyterians in other parts of the country for a common purpose.
- PEC is a place to be educated, and educate others about earth care.
- PEC nurtures and promotes state and Presbytery earth care advocacy, the foundation for change at the national levels of church and government.
- PEC’s biennial conferences are the denomination’s most important opportunities for networking, education, and spiritual refreshment around earth care.
Members of PEC receive:
- Our biweekly electronic newsletter that includes alternating issues of “Earth, Action, Reflection, Theology and Hope (EARTH)” and PEC news.
- Regular advocacy updates to help you follow and influence current environmental issues.
- Connection to a Regional Representative to help your earth care ministry and connect you with others in your presbytery or synod.
- Resources for a variety of ways to bring earth care into your life as well as your church.
- Access to a network of Presbyterians who share an eco-justice ethic.
- A vote and voice within PEC.
Other ways for members to get involved
- Participate in the nominations and elections process for Award winners and new Steering Committee members.
- Become a PEC volunteer by helping with a committee.
- Provide financial support.