Presbyterians for Earth Care 2015 Conference
DOWN-TO-EARTH ADVOCACY AND ACTION
Held at Montreat Conference Center
September 15-18, 2015
Keynote Speaker: Rev. Dr. Patricia K. Tull, A. B. Rhodes Professor Emerita of Old Testament, Louisville Presbyterian Seminary and author of “Inhabiting Eden”
Special Guest Speaker: Rev. Dr. J Herbert Nelson II, Director, PC(USA) Office of Public Witness
- Scripture, Humans, and Creation: biblical and scientific basis for environmental flourishing
- Creating Social Changes: biblical and sociological basis for changing human actions
- A Flourishing Future: biblical and contemporary visions for a hopeful future
Download the Conference Program Brochure
“God has made known to us the mystery of his will…to gather up all things in Christ, things in heaven and things on earth.” – NRS Ephesians 1:9-10
PEC’s 2013 CONFERENCE – ETHICAL EARTH CARE: KEEPING CREATION SACRED
PEC’s 2013 Ethical Earth Care Conference brought together 100 passionate Creation caretakers to learn, share and worship together at Ferncliff Camp & Conference Center in Little Rock, Arkansas! We were blessed by the presence of many wonderful and inspiring leaders, who have shared resources, presentations and links from the conference. Please click here to learn more about the workshops and explore these resources!
Click here to view an album of the many wonderful photos that were taken at the conference!
CONFERENCE 2011 – GOD’S EARTH: TOO BIG TO FAIL?
PEC ‘s 2011 National Faith & Environment Conference: “God’s Earth: Too Big to Fail? An Eco-Justice Conversation Among Faith, Science and Culture” was August 31 – September 3, 2011 at Highlands Presbyterian Camp and Retreat Center in the mountains of Colorado.
Dr. William Brown, author of The Seven Pillars of Creation: The Bible, Science and the Ecology of Wonder
Dr. Marcia Ishii-Eiteman, senior scientist and director of sustainable foods at the Pesticide Action Network
Carol Raffenspurger, Executive Director of the Science and Environmental Health Network
Dr. Tyrone Hayes, Professor with expertise in amphibian biology at the University of California Berkley
Dr. Holmes Rolston III, environmental ethics scholar
Dr. John E. Ikerd, professor emeritus of agricultural economics at the University of Missouri Columbia.
At the conference, two awards were presented:
* The William Gibson Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Bill Soplansky-Jarman for his excellent work coordinating social witness ministries with the Presbyterian Church (USA). He has been a persistent voice for environmental justice.
* The Restoring Creation Award went to Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church in Boulder, Colorado. Since 2006, the church has had an active green team that has created a comprehensive recycling system, “turn off the lights” reminder signs, and planted trees all over its grounds.
Special thanks to our conference sponsors, including PC(USA) Environmental Ministries, the Presbytery of Olympia, the Presbytery of the Inland Northwest, the Presbytery of Charlotte, the Presbytery of Monmouth, the Synod of Alaska Northwest, the Presbytery of Giddings-Lovejoy, Second Presbyterian of Little Rock, and Second Presbyterian Church Indianapolis.
Click here to view the conference photo album on Facebook.