Got time, talents, skills?
We need you on an earth care team
- Communication: Help plan and update social networking, including the PEC website, blog, e-communication, Facebook and Twitter.
- Fundraising: Help raise funds to support PEC through grant-writing, annual appeals, electronic fund-raising, campaigns, etc.
- PEC Conference Planning Team: Help plan PEC national conferences and/or regional events.
- Resources: Write, research and recommend articles, features and book reviews for newsletter and find and submit documents, websites, speakers, educators, workshop leaders, worship aids, success stories and other resources to help members with their earth care ministry.
- Advocacy: Help follow environmental policies adopted by the GA (General Assembly) and environmental overtures from presbyteries to GA. Collaborate with PC (USA)’s Washington D.C. office and other faith-based environmental groups to mobilize PEC members to active and informed earth care ministry. Interpret and disperse information through the website, electronic action alerts and advocacy updates.
Other ways you can help
- Help with national conferences by assisting the planning team or helping make local arrangements
- Assist with hosting the PEC lunch during General Assembly
- Help staff the PEC exhibition booth at General Assembly
- Become a presbytery Stewardship of Creation Enabler
- Create a PEC display at your church, presbytery, regional conference, or camp
- Distribute print newsletters and present about PEC at churches, presbytery meetings and other appropriate venues
- Submit articles (200-400 words), news, events, photos, poems, book and resource reviews and other resources for the PEC newsletter and web site
- Act as your city, state, presbytery, or synod PEC Liaison, collecting and exchanging information on success stories, current events and regional concerns
- Connect your presbytery camp or conference center to PEC, and work with them to utilize eco-justice resources and programs
- Stuff and stamp mailings for fund raising appeals
Contact the PEC Coordinator to help.