NRS Ephesians 1:9 he has made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure that he set forth in Christ, 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to gather up all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
GOT TIME, TALETS, SKILLS?
We need you on an earth care team!
Presbyterians for Earth Care (PEC) invites individuals and congregations to join us in the growing earth care movement within the PC(USA).
- Communication: Help plan and update social networking, including the PEC website, blog, e-communication, Facebook and Twitter.
- Fundraising: Help raise funds to support PEC through grant-writing, annual appeals, electronic fund-raising, campaigns, etc.
- PEC Conference Planning Team: Help plan PEC national conferences and/or regional events.
- Resources: Write, research and recommend articles, features and book reviews for newsletter and find and submit documents, websites, speakers, educators, workshop leaders, worship aids, success stories and other resources to help members with their earth care ministry.
- Advocacy: Help follow environmental policies adopted by the GA (General Assembly) and environmental overtures from presbyteries to GA. Collaborate with PC (USA)’s Washington D.C. office and other faith-based environmental groups to mobilize PEC members to active and informed earth care ministry. Interpret and disperse information through the website, electronic action alerts and advocacy updates.
Please fill out our volunteer opportunities survey to tell us about your skills and interests or contact PEC if you’d like to learn more or join a team.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- Help with national conferences by assisting the planning team or helping make local arrangements
- Assist with hosting the PEC lunch during General Assembly
- Help staff the PEC exhibition booth at General Assembly
- Create a PEC display at your church, presbytery, regional conference, or camp
- Make a presentation about PEC at churches, presbytery meetings and other appropriate venues
- Submit articles (200-400 words), news, events, photos, poems, book and resource reviews and other resources for the PEC newsletter and web site
- Act as your city, state, presbytery, or synod PEC Liaison, collecting and exchanging information on success stories, current events and regional concerns
- Connect your presbytery camp or conference center to PEC, and work with them to utilize eco-justice resources and programs
Contact the PEC Coordinator to help.