“O LORD, how manifold are your works! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.” NRS Psalm 104:24
PEC Advent Devotionals
- 2018 Advent Devotional
- 2017 Advent Devotional
- 2016 Advent Devotional
- 2015 Advent Devotional
- 2014 Advent Devotional
- 2013 Advent Devotional
- 2012 Advent Devotional
- 2011 Advent Devotional
PEC Lenten Devotionals
- 2018 Lent Devotional
- 2017 Lenten Devotional: Then the Angel Showed Me the River of the Water of Life
- 2016 Lenten Devotional: Is Not This the Fast I Choose: Listening to a Diversity of Voices
- 2014 Lenten Devotional: Advocating for Environmental and Social Justice
- 2013 Lenten Devotional: From Ashes to Resurrection, From Soot to Hope
- 2012 Lenten Devotional: Feasting on God’s Gifts, Fasting in Sorrow
- 2011 Lenten Devotional: Moving Beyond Fossil Fuels for Earth Care, Health, and Justice
Scriptures On Earth Care
- Genesis 1-2
- Genesis 9:8-17
- Exodus 16:12-30
- Exodus 20:8-11
- Exodus 23:10-13
- Exodus 31: 12-17
- Psalms: 8, 24, 65, 96, 104, 145, 146, 147, 148
- Isaiah 24, 35, 40, 55
- Isaiah 58:13-14
- Isaiah 65:17-25
- Ezekiel 34:2-4
- Ezekiel 36
- Matthew 6:1-3 (Lord’s Prayer)
- Matthew 6:25-34
- John 1:1-5
- Romans 1:18-25
- Romans 8:18-39
- Phillippians 4:4-13
- Colossians 1:15-20
- Hebrews 11:3
- Revelation 21:1-4
Don’t Fear, You Good Earth by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette
Creation Care in Glory to God
New Hymns on Creation Care by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette
Hymns from the blue Presbyterian Hymnal (1990)
- #134 Creating God, Your Fingers Trace
- #200 To Bless the Earth
- #201 Praise Is you Right, O God, in Zion
- #215 Come Sing With Joy to God
- #220 All People That on Earth Do Dwell
- #256 Let the Whole Creation Cry
- #266 Thank You, God, for Water, Soil, and Air
- #267 All Things Bright and Beautiful
- #271 Many and Great, O God are Thy Things
- #272 God of the Sparrow
- #273 O God the Creator
- #274 O God of Earth and Space
- #285 God, You Spin the Whirling Planets
- #287 God Folds the Mountains Out of Rock
- #290 God Created Heaven and Earth
- #291 O God of Earth and Altar
- #292 All Beautiful the March of Days
- #293 This is My Father’s World
- #297 O Lord of Every Shining Constellation
- #455 All Creatures of Our God and King
- #458 Earth and All Stars
- #464 Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee
- #467 How Great Thou Art
- #469 Morning Has Broken
- #473 For the Beauty of the Earth
- #480 Praise Our God Above
- #494 Out of Deep, Unordered Water
- #551 Come, Ye Thankful People, Come
- #553 For the Fruit of All Creation
- #554 Let All Things Now Living
- #556 The World Abounds with God;s Free Grace
- #558 Come, Sing a Song of Harvest
- #560 We Plow the Fields and Scatter
“IN A ROUND WORLD”
Written by PEC Member, Manley Olson
To the tune, “Morning Has Broken” Presbyterian Hymnal #469
In a round world, no corners to hide in,
All life connected, part of the whole.
God made but one earth which needs protection.
We face this challenge, we claim this goal.
From space one sees a lovely blue marble,
A floating speck in the star-filled sky.
This was the insight told by the psalmist;
We are but dust, yet seen in God’s eye.
Gone are the days when we could be masters,
Using earth’s gifts for our selfish ends.
Our role today is that of God’s stewards,
To be a church that speaks and defends.
Only our God can create a species.
Can we preserve what God has designed?
When we destroy life, we change the balance
In ways not thought of, with ends not seen.
It’s time we alter our basic outlook
Renounce dominion, give up our pride.
Working with God, restoring creation,
In a round world with nowhere to hide.
The words of this hymn may be reprinted without special permission in a program or worship service bulletin for one-time use only, provided that the following statement is included: Words by Manley Olson. Copyright 1995 (date), Manley Olson, used by permission.
For other uses please request permission in writing from Manley Olson, 1974 W. Summer St., St. Paul, MN 55113 Presbynet: MANLEY OLSON